Personally, I found that two weeks in Manila were already too much to stay for me while for my wife, she was not only too happy but also delighted to meet my family and friends and to enjoy the places where she went to that I was very familiar with.
The following day after Easter Sunday, we flew back to Hong Kong for another stopover for a few days before we returned to Paris. This time, we spent most of the time going around shopping and to buy the things fthat my friends had ordered and interesting souvenirs and trinkets for our family.
We did most of the shoppings along Nathan Road in the Mong Kok area, particularly for souvenirs and photography items. Incidentally, I was able to buy a sapphire ring and a Chinese kimono dress for my office colleagues. On one occasion, after a long process of haggling over the tagged price with a photo shop dealer, I finally bought a large format Mamiya camera, which I believed was cheaper than in France or in Belgium.
When my wife remembered that she was out of her hygienic pads, we went to a drugstore to inquire from a lady staff if they had Tampax. To my surprise for a woman, she was too confused to easily know what on earth I was talking about. After my simple explanation, she gave up and asked her male colleague to listen to me. Like a magician, he immediately opened a drawer behind the counter and produced a box of Tampax.
A couple of days before our flight home, we spent it leisurely with my sister to eat in the local restaurants in the Mong Kok area and to go to the other tourist spots that we missed during our first stopover. From the top of the double decker we saw the floating restaurant and the junks along the way. Then we proceeded to Victoria Peak, where we made a brief stop to see the place where the beautiful and romantic scene between Jennifer Jones and William Holden in the film "Love is a many splendored things" was shot. And last but not the least, we visited and sauntered around the famous Tiger Balm gardens.
Read STOPOVER HONG KONG : https://www.blogger.com/blog/post/edit/19133557/6532675344181816361
No comments:
Post a Comment