Monday, July 18, 2022

What are the best tricks to keep yourself motivated?

I was a madman at one point in my life.

I used to wake up each morning, crazy, obsessed to succeed. I solved science problems in my mind at the mornings when my mother served me breakfast. I was dribbling a basketball in the school breaks.

When people doubted (and, sometimes, getting to the point when they insulted me), I came home and whispered to myself “we will see. we will see. Wait and we will see. Just wait...”

When I listened to motivational music, I beat myself. Not literally. But I was getting so pumped that I was hitting my chest out of the adrenaline.

You are probably thinking that I am crazy. The truth is, even now, as those memories pass my mind they all seem like madness to me.

But it is that same madness that made me beat the odds and win 6 International Science Olympiad medals, 5 National Basketball Championship gold medals and get admitted to the University of Cambridge.

Over these years, I learned that motivation consists of two facets:

THE SOURCE

You cannot be motivated if you do not have a source for that. Period.

Ask yourself this: what do you want?

What is your dream that each day when you wake up your eyes glitter with the notion of your dream?

What is it that makes you breath, that makes you eat and sleep, and LIVE!

What is it that makes you run, and when your legs are dead, crawl to the finish line?

What is that goal that you are holding in your heart which is so damn important to you that you will NEVER give up?!

Live for it…

THE FIRE

BURN!

Burn your inside with motivation. You have a dream, a notion, now all you have to do is kindle it: do activities that “make your brain” remember what you are fighting for.

  1. Listen to motivational music. This can be anything in your taste. My favorite is “Lose yourself in the music, the moment, you own it…”
  2. Posters. I woke up each day as the wall of my room told me: “Sep 9, 2013” the date when a close person doubted me pretty badly.
  3. Self-talk. Only you can get inside your head. Talk to yourself and don’t think of sounding crazy.
  4. Watch motivational videos. YouTube is a great start.
  5. Read posts. Realizing that you are not the only one who faced obstacles can be motivating.

BURN YOURSELF!

No comments: