Dear Sister,
You are the only surviving member of our family whom I believe is the right person I could talk to about the life we went through. Contemporarily, as I don't feel I have too much time left after my operations and health issues to write because I feel I'm getting too old and weak at over 80 years to write and to wait for the time that the lady inspiration would suddenly appear and give me the incentive to start continuously.
Do you remember the years we spent together when I started to collect and solicit free brochures from travel agencies and publications and read them after dinner?
In fact, I couldn't contain my immense joy and excitement to receive the first country collection from the "Round The World Program" for free, including a colorful wall world map. Unfortunately, I didn't continue the subscription because I didn't have the means in dollars to pay for the following countries in the series. In the end, I was just stuck only to France and read it several times while nourishing a seemingly impossible dream to make it come true someday.When I was in my senior year in the secondary, I joined a U.S penpal organization based in New York called "Youth of all nations" to be able to correspond and react with people of my age from different foreign countries with the hope that one of them could sponsor me to travel for free, eventually. I thought it was too good to be true, but it never happened at all because I sacrificed and worked too hard to make my most cherished dream come true in the end.
How could I ever forget the first cheese I made from the spoiled canned milk left and overlooked by my mother because we didn't have a refrigerator at that time. I thought that it was a waste just to throw the big can of Carnation milk. What I did was to put the contents in a casserole and fill it with water and a teaspoon of salt and let it boil until it was cooked. I couldn't get over it when I put it in my sandwich and tasted it. My friends at work did like it and asked for more but I thought about buying all the cans of milk and letting it spoil to start a business. I never expected that I would get the same taste when I was in France for the first time!
Subscribe and follow me to know how i traveled the world for free, how I married a white girl and have beautiful children and grandchildren and last but not the least how I ever dared to smuggle my mother around Europe.

No comments:
Post a Comment