After the long delay at the Bangkok airport that was caused by the unexpected repair and check-up of our plane, our flight went so smooth that we didn't feel any turbulence or discomfort on the way to Hong Kong. Finally, we were so happy and relieved that we all arrived safe and sound.
I found Hong Kong is a city with too many sights to offer and it seems to fascinate and excite me all over again because there are many things to discover regardless that I've already been there for the first time in the summer of 1967 before because I always find many interesting things to do.
It was the first time for my wife to be in Hong Kong and she looked forward to discovering and exploring it with fascination and curiosity. I was too excited to guide her around and discover the place.
We were warmly greeted and welcomed by my youngest sister and then drove us directly to the convent. We took a rest before we joined her to meet her superior and colleagues and attend the mass at the adjoining chapel.
Shortly after the service, I immediately took my wife to the downtown area and showed her the tourist-frequented places that I visited and the shops where I went to that offer reasonable prices. On our first day, we concentrated on the supermarkets to buy the necessary items to take with us on our adventures and explorations to the different out-of-the-way places of Hong Kong and Kowloon.
Kowloon and Hong Kong Island are both separated by Victoria Harbor and are serviced by Star Ferry which is the most convenient way to go around the city.
Kowloon has more of an authentic feel than the rest of Hong Kong, and it feels somewhat surrealistic to me that the sidewalks are jammed with street food sellers. It’s also where you’ll find most of the temples and markets.
Incidentally, the prettiest market in Kowloon is the Flower Market in the Mongkok area where you’ll be treated to a dizzying visual display of colorful flowers and plants. somewhat like being in a dream, walking the narrow street that overflows with flowers of all colors.
I was still surprised by how quickly I fell in love with Hong Kong – it’s one of the most beautiful fascinating cities I’ve been to that has an energy like no other city I’ve visited in Asia. It’s also full of incredible sights like Victoria Peak, Temple Street Night Market, and the colorful Choi Hung Estate. To be continued.
https://pablolayson.blogspot.com/2026/08/boeing-boeing.html
No comments:
Post a Comment