Friday, August 21, 2026

ARE OFW AND EXPATRIATE HERO OR TRAITOR?

Have you ever felt a profound sentiment of longing and remorse for having left and practically turned your back from your own country?


If only you had ever known and experienced the difficult and bitter life I went through while growing up after my father passed away when I was 11 years old, I think you'd never have the second thought of leaving and starting a new life abroad.


Having been orphaned when I was small, I saw so much of the difficulties which my mother had to undergo in order to support 6 children decently from her meager salary as an elementary teacher and to make both ends meet at the end of every month without begging for financial help from better-off relatives.


When my father was alive, we lived comfortably because he worked as an engineer for the government to manage the reconstruction of roads and bridges caused by the bombings during the last world war. With a substantial salary, he deposited a minimum amount every month for our education. Unfortunately, my mother had no other recourse but to spend most of the savings to buy a house and to meet the needs our our needs for our daily survival.


My most cherished ambition when I was young was to become a doctor, but somehow I doubt it if my mother would be able to cover up for all of my school expenses. So as the most appropriate choice I took that moment was to enroll in a free public vocational school that would eventually make me learn a vocation and specialize in a trade in short period which would help me find a regular job in order to make a living decently. In the end, I could go to a university as a full-time working student to obtain a diploma, which is the requirement needed  for a scholarship or a better post. 


I found the year 1967 as so hectic and difficult that left me with much chagrin and bitterness because of the family and financial situations. Surprisingly in the end however, my life was changed completely from worse to better when my most cherished dream came true in the end!


Link HOW TO GO ABROAD FOR FREE: https://pablolayson.blogspot.com/2026/08/do-you-want-to-go-abroad-for-free.html

No comments: