Thursday, January 04, 2024

Is it true that Thailand is extremely unsafe and dangerous for tourists?

No is not, Thailand is NOT extremely unsafe and dangerous for tourists.

I've been to Thailand many times, and I've never encountered any issues, and guess what, anywhere you go in Thailand you’ll find tourists from all colors and races, women, men, young people, older folks, and children as well, it even is a Family destination for some, Thailand has so much to offer that you can make it what you want.

Now, I’m not saying crime does not take place in Thailand, it totally does, just like it happens in any other Asian country or any country in the world, even in the safest cities, I live in Taipei and last year a man decapitated a toddler on the streets.

So after reading some of the threads on this question and reading that some people did have awful experiences in Thailand all I can say is, I’m sorry but that can happen anywhere, and it doesn't make a country extremely unsafe, you can not make a general judgment for a whole country based on 1 unfortunate situation that happened to you.

I was scammed in Vietnam one time, and many other tourists have, but that doesn't make Vietnam extremely unsafe and dangerous for tourists.

I've always felt that people in Thailand are nice, here’s an example, one time me and a friend were having dinner in Bangkok, and at the end of the dinner we ordered dessert, but what we got was not exactly what was depicted on the menu, we ate it anyway, suddenly the waiter gives us a card to rate the service and make any comments if we wanted to, well my friend complained about the dessert, he said it wasn't what was depicted on the menu, we handed the card and 10 minutes later the waiter comes and apologizes to us, explained the reason why the dessert we were served didn't look like the one on the picture and then he gave us another dessert plus 2 drinks for free.

One time during Songkran, I bought a huge water gun for like 500 baths from a street vendor, and the minute I started using it I realized there was something wrong, It pretty much didn't work, so I immediately went back to the vendor, he took a look at it and then gave me a new one.

I like Thailand so much that I've even made a huge post about it for anyone who is interested in what to do and see while in Thailand A Beautiful Trip Through Thailand

Thailand is not hostile to foreigners, unfortunately, there are assholes everywhere and if you are unfortunate then you’ll run into one that might ruin your visit, it’s happened to me in countries like Vietnam and South Korea, but you know what, one asshole won’t make me hate an entire country.

Best,

Eulises Quintero

No comments: