Thursday, January 04, 2024

Is the Philippines safe to visit?

Yes, it is, I've been to the Philippines many times and I’m still alive!!! Love that country.

That being said, you do have to take some precautions like not walking alone during night time in Manila, because yes you might get robbed, just like in most countries in the world.

Manila is not a super safe city like Taipei, Singapore, or Tokyo, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't visit, all you gotta do is use some common sense and stay only in the areas where there are a lot of concentration o people, you know the touristic places.

Don’t walk into a desolated shady neighborhood on your own, why would you go to a place like that in the first place anyways.

I remember last time I was there I was walking around Intramuros in Manila for a whole day and I never felt any threat, this a tourist place so no worries.

During night time I went out with some friends to have some dinner and drinks, we were around the Bonifacio area, in a restaurant called Barcino. Greenbelt is also another nice area in Manila to have some dinner with friends.

We were also in an open area with many bars and tables outside, full of locals having fun drinking beer and eating nice food, it was so much fun, I can not remember the name right now.

I guess what I’m trying to say is that you can definitely have a nice time in Manila without worrying about being murdered or anything like that.

When it comes to transportation, well I’m lucky enough to have some friends over there and whenever I’m there they drive, but I’ve also taken Taxis around the city and I never felt under any threat either.

If you visit more tourist spots of the Philippines such as Puerto Galera, Boracay or Cebu is even safer I would say.

Last Time I was in Boracay I was partying, having fun, taking Tuk Tuk rides from my hotel to the beach and back and didn’t feel any danger at all.

Feel free to visit the Philippines and I can guarantee you’ll have a lot of fun.

Best,

Eulises Quintero

No comments: