Monday, October 07, 2024

After drinking water my body needs to pee every 10 to 15 minutes. Is there any problem with my body?

Profile photo for Aiden Caudill

This is VERY common for a lot of people. Here is a simple solution. Assuming you’re perfectly healthy with no kidney or bladder issues - try filling up a 32oz water bottle with clean water. Then add a quarter teaspoon of salt to the water and shake it well to dissolve the salt. I add Himalayan salt but you can use regular table salt. Since table salt is iodized (because our western typical diet lacks food sources high in iodine) iodized table salt might be a good options.

I personally drink four 32 oz water bottles worth of water a day. So I add a quarter teaspoon to each bottle I drink. That’s a good proportion of sodium to H2O. Don’t worry about the sodium. If you’re peeing water out too frequently adding the sodium will put an end to the constant need to pee. Assuming you have no health issues like kidney or bladder dysfunction this should be a good fix. If not reach out to your doctor to get to the root of the problem.

I have made this recommendation to people and they have told me it completely eliminated the need to pee so frequently. It all boils down to keeping your electrolytes balanced. Too much pure water can throw off your electrolytes. Not to sound dramatic but you can actually kill yourself by drinking too much water. I’m talking gallons and gallons in one sitting. This happens due to your sodium levels dropping to fatally dangerous levels.

Some people say they can’t stand the mild salted taste. I don’t mind it. I’ve kind of grown to like it. Especially using the Himalayan salt; which is quite mild.

Also, if you easily sweat/perspire a LOT you would be a good candidate for adding sodium to your water.

Hope this helps! If it does let me know in a response to my answer.

No comments: