Saturday, April 27, 2024

Kindness is what matters, and it's always better to be kind.

Icon for Good Vibes ツ
 · 
Follow

"A friend of mine's son is 3 years old. He is different than most 3 year olds. He is an amazing little boy. Today, myself, my children and my friend and her children came to the splash pad. My friend is usually leery about doing these sorts of things because she is worried how her son will be and how people will be to him. I don't believe she should have to worry about other people, but that is the case, because that is our world. Today was different. Today a young lady, I'm not sure how old, was at the splash pad with her family. She and my friend's son had this instant connection. She talked to him, she played with him, she picked him up. She spoke so kindly and was so caring, it was amazing to witness. It didn't bother her that he followed her or that he hugged her or anything. She simply smiled and returned his hugs and continued to play with him. She said nothing demeaning and didn't act like he was anything but a child.

In today's society you don't see a lot of kind things. This was something that was beyond kind. To the young lady at the splash pad today, thank you. Thank you for being kind and brightening not only my friend's son's day and my day, but especially my friend's day. She tries her best and is a wonderful mother. She worries what she is doing for her son is not enough, but it truly is. Today you saw past his differences and were kind to him and I cannot thank you enough for that. I hope you're always this kind and selfless. The world needs more people like you. You are a beautiful and kind soul. Wherever you are, thank you from the bottom of my heart. We could all resolve to be more kind, kindness is what matters, and it's always better to be kind."

-Raven Terry 

No comments: