Sunday, April 07, 2024

What do non-Filipinos like about the Philippines?

John Williams 

I have visited the Philippines four times. I have many friends that are Filipino. I love the weather, the beaches and some of the foods. Most of all, I love the Filipino people. They have such great spirits and are relentlessly resilient. The Philippines could be a fantastic country if they only knew the real power that they possess.

Many people say that the Philippines is a poor country. That is not true, but it is the lie they are continually being told, and unfortunately many believe it. In fact according to the International Monetary Fund, the Philippines rank number 38th in the world just below Singapore and above Columbia. Their ranking tops countries like Romania, Egypt, Vietnam, and Finland. Unfortunately, much of the wealth created there does not trickle down to the local economy. In my humble opinion, the government could do more to develop the infrastructure. They are already addressing the security concerns of the Mindanao area. These are important to attract more foreign business.

I see the Philippines as a diamond that is on the verge of becoming one of the most brilliant diamonds in Asia. They just need a little help. I am called there to do just that. Those of you who need an invitation to do something exciting and miraculous, here it is. The greatest natural resource of the Philippines are the amazing people. That is why I love going there.

No comments: