Friday, April 05, 2024

Why are there so many old Western men dating young Filipina women in the Philippines?

There is an old adage that says "What an old horse wants is fresh grass".

I remember myself laughing when I heard this from my “mother”. Yeah, funny because I literally picture it as a horse eating a fresh green grass. If I am a horse and I have the choice to choose between a fresh green grass to a grass straw as my dinner, I would, of course, grab that delicious fresh green without a second thought. As I got older, I realized that this is not just a saying, but also something in happens in real life.

My answer, however, is not a sweeping opinion about my fellow Filipina. All women display a different color and perspective. I am a Filipina myself and this is my basic answer to why do old Westerners date young Filipinas in the Philippines.

It's a win -win situation. As most answers here on Quora. These “young” Filipinas meets those list of requirements from those old Westerners -sleek/feminine bodies, subservient attitude, Tropical looks - a very refreshing “fresh” meal for a hungry and thirsty old soul.

For a young Filipina woman, dating an older White guy has a lot of advantages, I don't want to specify these as it may sound "unpleasant" and one sided sad truth. Since older white guys find it harder to get a hot young White woman, so they prefer to date easy, young Filipina women.

However, these young Pinay will go all the way just to get out of poverty, no matter what are the risks is. It's about survival and seeking for a better life. Financial stability has pushed some people to cling to someone they found "feasible" to be with. And since they assume that all Westerners are rich, they find this as an opportunity to escape poverty, it's kind of a meal ticket instead of finding true love. 

No comments: